Motor vehicles are a big part of our society. Through transit, we send and receive food, medicine, clothing, our entire daily needs. When motor vehicle or parts of motor vehicles are recalled, it can be a problem and a legal risk.
Defects in motor vehicles can run a high-risk for our society. If we get into a car or on a jet ski with mis-manufactured motor parts or defects, we could be risking our lives.
Two of most recent recalls in motor vehicles is the Toyota and Yamaha brands. In the past month Toyota Motor Sales (TMS) announced several newer models recalled due to two safety recalls. Both recalls are directly related with the accelerator pedal. Toyota models with this problem are: RAV4 (2009-10), Corolla (2009-10), Camry (2007-10), Matrix hatchback 2009-10), Avalon large sedan (2005-10), Highlander crossover (2010), Tundra pickup (2007-10), and the Sequoia large SUV (2008-10). As of right now, Toyota is temporarily suspended until the problem is fixed.
The Yamaha Rhino was recently recalled in 2009 due to rollover safety defects. Models 450, 660 and 700 have injured and killed numbers of people throughout the U.S.
Listed below are just a few of the recalled motor vehicles for December 2009:
- Child Seats:
- Dorel Juvenile Group (DJG) is recalling certain Cosco, Disney, Safety 1st and Eddie Bauer rear-facing infant child restraints **.
- Kongsberg Power Product Systems I, Inc. (KPPS) is recalling certain adjustable brake pedal assemblies **.
- American Seating Company is recalling certain Q’Straint MAX mobility device remote release belts used with insight transverse flip up seats installed as original equipment on various transit buses.
- Miles Kimball is recalling certain aftermarket heated car blankets, item #311568.
- Chinada Industries, Inc. is recalling certain aftermarket brake drums, model #36DB00AX, sold for heavy trucks and trailers.
- Harley-Davidson is recalling certain model year 2009 and 2010 Touring Family motorcycles, including CVO Touring and Trike products, manufactured from June 6, 2008 through November 19, 2009.
- Newell is recalling model year 2005-2008 motor homes equipped with Caterpillar C15 engine.
- Daimler Trucks is recalling certain model year 2008 through 2010 Thomas Built Saf-T-Liner C2 school buses **.
- Volvo is recalling mofel year 2010 XC60 vehicles built without the panoramic roof and delivered to Puerto Rico for failing to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No 201.
- Kawasaki is recalling model year 2009 and 2010 EX250 Ninja 250 motorcycles.
- Buell is recalling certain model year 2010 XB12X and XB12XT motorcycles manufactured from August 20 through September 20, 2009.
- Seagrave is recalling certain model year 2009 Marauder II fire trucks manufactured between February 11, 2008 through March 16, 2009 equipped with Commins ISC CM2150 and ISL CM2150 model diesel engines.
- Jaguar Land Rover is recalling certain model year 2010 Range Rover vehicles for failing to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor vehicle Safety Standard No. 208.
- Subaru is recalling certain model year 2002 and 2003 Impreza WRX vehicles originally sold in or currently registers in various states **.
- Aluma is recalling certain model year 2007 through 2009 sheltered trailer tower vehicles manufactured between March 1 and October 31, 2009.
- **Please refer to safercar.gov to get specifications.
For a full list of recalled motor vehicles in December 2009 or any other month please visit safercar.gov. If you or a family member owns one of the motor vehicles listed above call our Oklahoma Lawyers now at Atkins and Markoff.
Our Oklahoma personal injury lawyers have years of experience in handling defective product claims. Please contact Atkins and Markoff to review your claim today.